"In God we trust."
Joe Chiasson's Police Patches
9-11-2001 ... 7-7-2005 ... Never Forget!
Welcome to my web-site!
Hello, my name is Joe Chiasson. I'm a Senior Special Agent with the Burlington Northern Santa Fe (BNSF) Railway Police Department and am currently stationed in Stockton, California. I have been collecting police patches since 1989.
I came to the realization rather quickly that this particular hobby can be quite overwhelming; there are a LOT of police patches out there! I'm afraid I have had to curtail and focus my collecting efforts accordingly. As a result, I am concentrating on acquiring patches from agencies associated with a railroad company or transit district.
I hope you will take a few minutes to peruse my lists of needs and traders. With regard to my needs list, if you have a patch I have listed, but aren't interested in trading, I would be more than willing to pay a reasonable amount of money for its purchase. E-mail me; I'm sure we can work something out.
I don't have a huge selection of traders at the moment, and those I have are primarily from non-California agencies, but perhaps you will find something that appeals to you. If you see something that you can't live without, but have nothing to offer in trade (that's a position I've been in more than once!), I am amenable to selling them. Price per patch is $5.00 (U.S.) unless otherwise marked. E-mail me to confirm availability.
If you have some free time, have a look at my on-line collections. I have scanned some of my favorite patches and arranged them in groups simply to show them off. If you see that I'm missing something within a specific group and you have it available, please e-mail me. Maybe we can work something out. If I don't have anything that appeals to you, I'm always willing to put some money on the table.
Thanks for stopping by!
UPDATE: 28 Jul 08 - I've just performed a patch inventory and made some updates to my patches for sale. Also, all previous holds have been cancelled, as I've had several inquiries made with no follow-up for long periods of time. THE SLATES ARE WIPED CLEAN.
Speaking of which: I can't believe all the LAPD and LA City patches I still have! None of these are repros, People...What the heck are you thinking?
Terms for trading/purchasing are as follows:
- E-mail me first! Patch availability can change and, while I try to keep my page up-to-date, there are many demands on my time.
- If you initiate the trade, you send your patch first. If I initiate the trade, I send mine first. This is only necessary if I haven't dealt with you before.
- Do NOT send unsolicited patches. My areas of interest are pretty tightly focused; the last thing I need is to receive patches that I can't use (no offense meant to you or your department). Please email me first. Unsolicited patches will be returned.
- Purchases can be made with money orders, cashier's checks, or personal checks. Do NOT send cash. If I haven't dealt with you before, orders paid for by personal checks may be held for 7-10 business days, at my discretion.
- I am not responsible for patches lost in the mail. While this is an exceedingly rare occurrence, it has been known to happen. If you want postal insurance, I will be happy to arrange for it, but I ask you to pay the cost.
Thank you and stay safe!
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith, becomes an American and assimilates himself to us. He shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an American, and nothing but an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. This excludes the red flag, which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty, and that is a loyalty to the American people."
-Theodore Roosevelt, 1907
Needs Traders U.S. Railroads International Railroads
Transit Russia Links HomeOperation Lifesaver
My Photo Album Patch Sale
Needs | Traders | Railroad-US | Railroad-Intl | Transit | Russia | Links | Home | Operation Lifesaver | Photo Album | SALE
This website was constructed and is maintained by Joe Chiasson. It is neither affiliated with nor endorsed by any company or agency whose logo or emblem appears herein. The opinions, views, and beliefs expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent any policy or position of any said company or agency.